I miss blogging all of a sudden!! And i'm back after the long long break!
Gosh, so much has changed just since the beginning of the year. So many things had happened. All i can think of is the word 'CHANGES'...
Since May/JUne, new relationship and new friends, new purpose, new life, new environment..etc..a dear friend leaving....
Friends' and family's journey through their problems, the frustration that i could have done more..workmate's concerns and problems, some heart-breaking..celebrations of friend's engagements & weddings, birth of the little one...
I realised that i have not stop to ponder about the changes, had been going with the flow until right now,I need to stop, think and reflect on them. A year's almost up and time doesnt wait for me to feel ready. Just feel like im in the midst of this sea of new and past events graphics.
Looking back, one good thing about being away from home is that it forced me to take in new things, be more open, to change and last but not least to think. Two years in Adelaide and straight after that one year in Bunbury and this year here in Mandurah. Each chapters of my life made me grow but i learnt that i have to be WILLING to humble myself and change! I am so much more comfortable being alone, doing my own thing, i remembered telling Kelly my friend back in Uni that i can stand being alone and go out occasionally.I'm not antisocial or anything but just prefer to have MORE ME time, im content just spending time alone reading and watching dramas! However God put me in Bunbury and Mandurah to experience 'community living'..fellowshipping..doing life together and being real with each other. That's what life's about..relationships. Having relationships with people is definitely gonna cost us some things..time..money..concentrations..energy..but they are so much more rewarding and satisfying. I began to love hanging out with people and see it as an investment! God has been good in providing me amazing friends in Bunbury and now in Mandurah. And, i need to learn to love the people around me with actions, not only in the heart..
i've also learnt to not be offended. People can say hurtful or sarcastic stuffs..I heard once, you can chew on them but not swallow them. Is there truth to it? should i change? should i talk to that person? If not, spit it out. Grumpy customers..learning to be more understanding that sth may had happened that cause them to behave or think that way..just continue to be polite and SMILE..and learn to love and see them beyond what they say or do. Nobody should be diminished because everyone's a someone to GOD! IT has been a humbling experience in learning to accept people who may not think or behave the way most people do.
Someone told me..being real and honest is much better than being positive all the time..
I fear many things,uncertainties,choices i've made..oh well..everything can be feared..but having gone through some with God being my ally had helped me to see them as events that will bring me closer to God's intended purpose..being refined and molded in the hot fiery furnace. It can burn and hurt but what matters is the outcome. Also, the events may also be a tool to help others in their own journey as the world does not revolve only around us. Whatever happened to us will affect other people as well.
I dont wanna become stagnant neither like a waterfall. I want to be a flowing river, constantly flowing, enjoying different views along the way and at the same time picking up stuffs and helping them to get to their intended place.
Life with God in it not only as a safety blanket but as our ally is what's worthwhile..
~JustMe says~9:37 PM