Work has been busy as always. But, it has been fun.
Today there's this locum (part-time pharmacist) working just for today cause my actual boss needed to finish his management stuffs. She's a Mirian! Finally, I actually encounter someone new from Miri after 4 years in Australia!
When i found out that she's a Mirian, instant bonding! It's so easy to talk to her, no holding back because we know what to expect from each other. With the 'angmohs' here, I tend to hold back a little bit due to the differences, it will take me very long to open up to them because i wont know how to respond to them. No matter how much you try to understand, there's always this barrier that will take a long time to break. Western values vs Asian values vs Western-Asian values (i think i'm in this category). Sometimes i wonder where i stand? Asian or Western-Asian? I would take time off and spend money to travel, i like laid back lifestyle, i like it when the checkout chick said 'Hi, how are you?' when i buy stuffs, I like it how i can walk around without worrying bout pickpockets, i like it how people are generally polite on the streets, i like the open-ness here (if you go for counselling sessions, people wont think that you 'siao', if you think you lack assertiveness skills, there are workshops for you..), I like it when the ang mmohs here dont really look at you in a sleazy way unless you show interest la whereas in Malaysia uhm..some uncles look at you certain way, i like it how you can wear shorts and strap clothes freely and people wont look at you funny, I like how convenient things are, i like the freedom here, but deep down, i do misss the food with passion, i do miss manglish, i do miss being siao, i do miss malay (cant believe it), i do miss my family, i do miss the kuih muih, i do miss astro, i do miss ordering in dialects or mandarin, i do miss sharing jokes with people who understand (silly jokes), my brain finds it hard to comprehend intelligent jokes especially after work....funny how i miss the little stuffs!
In conclusion, i'm neither western nor asian(typical asian type)..I'm included in the breed of Western-Asian if there's such thing. I think i talk too much nonsense..cause timme for bed!
~JustMe says~1:31 AM