phew!! today was an exhausting day..never been so exhausted trying to make a decision..
went thru the phone interview by the pharmacist from bunbury, western australia! We had a chat..basically..From the chat, i had a glimpse of her personality.. below's what i gathered
-cili padi
-woman with strong principles
-workaholic (being a singaporean..u guys get what i mean *wink*)
-straight, honest
-assertive
-fast
-responsible
-strict
-professional
-high expectation on people
basically she gives me the impression of a commando in an army camp, giving the soldiers full drill...it's kinda intimidating.
Today around noon, she called me, telling me that i've been offered a position. She thought i have an australian driving license. I am expected to buy a car. She mentioned
something about no car no job. I mean i can understand. It's true that you cant get anywhere
without a car in western australia. And, i have to do medication delivery to the patients' house. Good thing is she's willing to pay for my petrol..of course for the delivery only.
Within few hours, i am expected to give her my answer cause she has to do a staff roster.
Called my dad, he wasnt very happy, partly cause worried that i cant afford to pay for the car.
I told him, if it's really financially burdensome, i dont mind not going. He said he'll think about it. After that, he sent me a message telling me to reject the offer, high maintenance of car, focus on my finals.
I dont know if i should fight for it. I prayed and prayed, came across a verse from God, in isaiah, something about fear not, for I will be with you, about God's assured help. Again, i thought of what my pastor said when she was praying for me. She told me to stand firm, stand strong, do not be intimidated by the circumstances. The more i prayed and think about it, the more i'm inclined to say yes. I imagine myself rejecting the offer, i felt unpeaceful and restless. I decided to give it one last chance. I called my dad again, we talked about it, and it turned out to be a positive conversation. He actually supported me. I promised him to pay him back after i work..for the car. FInally, he said it's up to me to make the decision. He agreed that i'm still young and no harm in taking up challenges.
I am not taking up the job offer due to desperation. I battled between accepting and rejecting the offer. If i reject, i'll find another one, it's gonna be relatively easier. But if i accept, ill have to deal with many things, acommo, car, relocating myself, starting from scratch, PR application. I'm scared to death but i felt i should take it. I've never expected to move to Western Australia in the first place. And the problem is the boss. I've anticipated the challenges working under her. The 'drilling' session. I'm afraid that ill disappoint her. I fear because of my limitations. All these while, i'm intimidated by a strong/assertive character. Then again, I felt that it's time to face the challenges and come out strong. No doubt
the process's gonna be super tough but the outcome of the training is beneficial if i want to advance in my life.
I tell myself i'll do it afraid. I just feel that this experience is going to change me in a good way, with upcoming breakthroughs. Who knows what God's doing, but i want to come out strong in Him.
I thought i was a bit sadistic, u know, choosing the tough road, lolz, but it's time! Time to push myself and discover my full potential. I'm still surprise at my own perspective and courage. i'm the play safe kind of person.
So yeh, i expect myself to cry myself to sleep int he beginning, battling with loneliness, but i remember what carrots said, the things that cant break you will make you strong. thanks carrots! *hugz* So i accepted the offer and will be expected to reach there on 20th december. It's gonna be a hell of an adventure. (pardon me for my language)
Welcome to working life..
Welcome to the real world!
~JustMe says~11:49 PM