

Pentax Optio T20. Bought this digital camera on friday at the duty free shop here, using my housemate's air ticket. The regulations are kinda strict. It's packed into a hand carry plastic bag, sealed and the invoice has to be checked at the airport at the duty free check in counter. if the item's not brought out of Australia within 30 days, it has to be returned to the shop! So, my housemate has to bring it back home to malaysia, then, luckily another housemate of mine who's in msia at the moment is coming back on the 30th june. *grinz* I'll only see the camera that day!! it costs around $320 including 1 GB memory card. the camera itself costs $400 without promotion.
Actually i was just trying my luck, smsed my dad, told him about the promotion and he typed back 'oklah'.. i was shocked. I expected 'no need la..next time you buy lah when you work'..he offered to bring one for me next year when he comes for my graduation in march. But, i figured since this is my last year here, not knowing where i'll go next year, it's kinda reasonable that i get a camera asap right? (right ? right?..not trying to find an excuse here) I'm thinking of getting an IPOD nano here, but i chose getting a digital camera, memory is priceless!!
I so love my dad when he agreed! I love him everyday, but i love him more that day! haha! He's the best!
Next update, encounter weekend:
-stayed for one night
-it's sth like a weekend set apart for God
-Session 1: Life-The journey
Session 2:Sin, Repentance and Forgiveness
Session 3:Encountering God
Session 4: Holy Spirit Baptism/Encounter
-it was great! There's this exercise, where you learn to hear from God. It involves writing a letter to God about anything! then, selah (means pause in the book of psalms) pray about it, wait for God's response. After that, write down whatever answers you got from God. I just realise in psalms, some verses, there's 'selah' in between of the verses. King David lamented at the start of the chapters but after 'selah' his response depicted God's answers.
-It's exciting! I tried to keep a journal, like a prayer to God, and it's just amazing how He answers my prayers in due time.
one thing that i've learnt is that i realised i dont really know God after being a christian for so long. Yes i heard about Him, and i've read chunks of verses about Him. I need to know more. Only when i know Him and set a time for Him as well as wait upon Him, He will reveal the mystery of His will. He gives us the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him..can be found in ephesians 1. Psalm 91 is quite good as well.
I believe everyday God will give a fresh revelation and He speaks to us all the time, but are we willing to pause and listen? Life with Christ is never boring, yes it's full of uncertainties and unknowns. But im rest assured, knowing that He will lead me step by step, through the unknown to my destiny. It just amazes me when i reflect back realising how much i've grown, how much i've learnt, and how everything falls into place. one of the themes of my church is ordinary people living a supernatural life. I'm just glad that i can choose not to go through the motion of the world nowadays by doing something meaningful with my life, following Christ. I felt like Abraham now, slightly anxious and excited when God led him to the mountain to sacrifice his son, not knowing where he'll end up initially and depended solely on God's direction throughout his journey. Yes, it's hard but i'll hang on, finish the race!
There's so much more we can do if He is the centre of it all. Beyond measure!
~JustMe says~8:31 PM